Charter a Flight to The Bahamas
The Bahamas consists of 700 islands, cays and islets sprinkled over 100,000 square miles of ocean, and the first place you can touch down is just 50 miles from the east coast of Florida. Consider the freedom and flexibility of private flights to The Bahamas, and the pleasure of flying over the spectacular, turquoise waters in the privacy of your own plane.
Cypress Air Charter is an FAA-certified air carrier located in Fort Myers, Florida. We provide affordable charter flights throughout the Southeastern U.S. and The Bahamas, and would be happy to schedule a flight when it’s most convenient for you to help you avoid congested commercial airports.
Wherever you’re headed in The Bahamas, there are over 40 airports where you can safely land. However, when you first arrive, you’ll have to land at an official Port of Entry. That doesn’t mean it has to be at Grand Bahama International (MYGF) in Freeport or Lynden Pindling International (MYNN) in Nassau. There are at least 20 other Port of Entry airports in The Bahamas, including Governor’s Harbour Airport (MYEM) on Eleuthera, Treasure Cay International (MYAT) in The Abacos, and Exuma International (MYEF) on Exuma. Just tell us where you want to go, and leave getting there to us!
What’s In The Bahamas?
The Bahamas is one of the most prosperous countries in the West Indies. Banking and tourism drive the economy and, with so many different islands, there are many things to do. Bimini is the closest island to the United States. Some of the other popular destinations are:
- Nassau | The capital of The Bahamas is located on New Providence Island. It has a bustling downtown with lots of cultural sights and activities. Paradise Island, which is separated from it by two bridges, is home to the mega resort, Atlantis.
- Grand Bahama Island | You’ll find every type of activity here, from kayaking, bird watching, caving and other outdoor sports, to a bustling city (Freeport) with a casino and plenty of nightlife. It has a reef-protected shoreline that’s covered with powdery white-sand beaches. Fly-fishing is popular, as is diving around the shallow reefs and deep caves with their abundant marine life.
- The Abacos | The Abaco Islands consist of two main islands and many small cays. The calm seas that surround them make the islands a popular sailing and boating destination. You’ll find some spectacular beaches, such as Treasure Cay Beach, Tahiti Beach, and 7-mile long Guana Cay Beach. Diving enthusiasts will appreciate the protected underwater reefs and swim-through caves, and anglers will enjoy the abundant marlin, sailfish and tuna.
- The Exumas | This area consists of 360 cays, the largest of which is Great Exuma. You’ll find thousands of miles of white, sandy beaches, as well as some of the best snorkeling in the entire Bahamas. Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park is popular with divers for its protected coral reefs.
- Long Island | This 80-mile island may be the most scenic in The Bahamas. The beaches are dramatic and stretch as far as you can see. Cape Santa Maria Beach always ranks among the best in the world. Enjoy plenty of water sports and Dean’s Blue Hole, the world’s deepest underwater sinkhole, which drops to a depth of about 650 feet.
- Eleuthera | Eleuthera is about 110 miles long but stretches no more than a mile wide in some places. It offers over 100 miles of picturesque pink sand beaches and spectacular views of both the Caribbean and the Atlantic. On neighboring Harbour Island, you’ll find the famous Pink Sand Beach, which always ranks among the world’s top 10 beaches.
If you’re itching for a relaxing beach vacation in a tropical island paradise, Cypress can help you charter private flights to The Bahamas. As long as we have a plane available and your passport is handy, you can be on your way within a few hours. Call us now and put our services to the test!